Becoming a member
The AAPI is comprised of people who are interested in issues pertaining to access to information and privacy. It mainly consists in access to information and privacy stakeholders, lawyers, archivists, and managers, who come from Quebec public administration bodies of different areas of activity (municipal, education and higher education, health and social services, government departments and bodies), as well as from federal institutions and private companies.
Get a membership now and benefit from the numerous privileges that are offered to members!
- Take advantage of the tools from the members-only section and of access to the Médiathèque, which contains a great variety of documents, including the archives of the newsletter L’informateur public et privé, from 1995 to 2016.
- Gain access to a network of knowledge by participating in activities that are dedicated to members, which encourages contacts between the various ATIP public organizations.
- Get professional services from our team of expert practitioners such as analysis, evaluation, and implementation of a management process and control measures in ATIP, as well as the implementation of good practices.
- Get access to a diversified program of skill development activities, at a competitive price.
- Get free access to the consulting service of ATIP professionals from the AAPI, who will assist you in the operational management of ATIP. We are committed to responding to your request within 24 hours of it being received.
- Get a very low-cost, objective portrait of your organization’s staff’s level ok knowledge in ATIP, according to the tasks that are performed, as well as suggestions of awareness activities and training that fit the observations that have been made.
- Find answers quickly thanks to a subscription to the Guide pratique sur l’accès et la protection de l’information, the reference in these matters.
- Supplement your knowledge with the Access to Information and Privacy Training Program – Federal Institutions.
- Stay updated on the latest news thanks to our website and our Nouvelles d’ici et d’ailleurs section.
- Be supported in your career plan by having the opportunity to develop your skills and to browse job offers.
- Contribute to the future of ATIP by participating in the AAPI committees and in becoming an influencer within your network and the Association.
Being a member of the AAPI also means benefiting from:
- significant savings on the pricing of awareness, information and training activties, of the Journées professionnelles and of networking activities;
- a preferential pricing on the yearly subscription to the Guide pratique sur l’accès et la protection de l’information, which is available online;
- A preferential pricing on the purchase of user licences for the Trousse d’entrée en fonction des professionnels en AIPRP.
By becoming a member or by renewing your membership, you will contribute to the richness of the AAPI’s associative life and, in doing so, to the impact of its members as professionals who are engaged in promoting ATIP skills. Furthermore, you will provide it with the means to keep developing innovative training activities, and to offer its members the professional support of expert practitioners, whose goal is to reinforce the skills of the office’s team of access to information and privacy, as well as to ensure the implementation of good practices.